RMSA MUSIC believes classical Piano is the basis for all kinds of music and gives the strongest foundation for learning any type of instrument. There is a huge variety of opportunities for learning different styles of piano music and we encourage exploring them but we feel classical offers the most opportunities for growth and that is what we teach.
All our Piano lessons are:
- Private lessons that can be any age from 5 through adult.
- RMSA offers group music classes for kids ages 4-5; which is a great to take before starting piano lessons.
- Lessons take place once a week and last 45 minutes.
- Theory is a part of RMSA piano lessons.
- Months we do not have performances, One week in those months, we hold group lessons for all our students, where the lesson for that week is with a group of students and lasts 90 minutes. Group lessons provide an opportunity for students to learn from each other and practice playing in front of others. During group lessons they also learn about music history, composers, and play music/theory games.
- All lessons are held at RMSA in the piano studio.
- All Students perform at a Fall recital in November and a Spring recital in April each year; additional public performing opportunities maybe offered though the year such as RMSA Christmas Open House and Senior Centers.
- Higher level students have the option to participate in Area Achievement Day's in March/April to compete in theory and performing with other piano students from the area.
What piano students need:
- In our experience, accessibility to a "real piano" for daily practice is best to advance students to their full potential. All our piano students MUST have accessibility to a real piano or at least a full sized keyboard.
- Ability to practice often so they can come to the next class prepared. (It has been said that being a good musician is 10% talent and 90% hard work.)
- Monthly tuition for piano lessons is $95.
- There is an additional $80 yearly material fee that covers all materials for the year; including a monthly subscription to Piano Explorer magazine which students will receive at group lessons.
- First & Last month tuition is due the first month of lessons
- One time $25.00 Registration Fee will be charged to all NEW families at the time of enrollment. (if being waitlisted, you will NOT be charged the registration fee until a spot becomes available and your still interested in lessons).
- Returning students will be charged a $15 Returning Student fee every new school year.
To learn more, please contact Cynthia at [email protected].
We currently have a wait list for 2023-2024 Piano School Year.
To be added to the waitlist please "enroll" below; any openings that become available will be based on who is first on the waitlist. Please note in registration comments if your child is homeschooled as this provides more opportunities for lessons during the day.