ADULT / RECREATIONAL DANCE
At RMSA, we believe you’re never too old to discover the joy of dance. RMSA’s Adult/Recreational dance classes offer quality training in various dance styles for anyone 16 years old and older. No previous dance experience required, no performances expected, and leotards/tights optional.
Adult classes are offered in sessions throughout our school year. Classes in each session do build on each other and each session is independent of each other but as in most things, the more classes/sessions one attends; the more one will learn and foundations will form.
COMING fall 2023: It is so exciting that with so many returning adult students, RMSA has built a foundation for our regular adult dance class sessions! Starting fall 2023, we will be offering a Basic Beginner Ballet & Tap sessions before our regular adult dance class sessions. The basic beginner sessions are intended to offer adult students an introduction OR refresher of these dance styles starting at the very beginning to help equip students with the basics, so they are prepared before attending our regular adult dance sessions.
2022-2023 Adult Ballet- Tuesday's 7:00-8:00
For those with a basic understanding of ballet or revisiting ballet as an Adult. Each class will focus on alignment, foundation of technique, vocabulary, and movement quality. Follows a standard ballet class format; learning combinations at the barre, center, and, across the floor.
- Tuition is per session, charged to accounts in-full first day of class in session. No refunds.
- Session 1 October 4- Nov 15 (7 weeks; $70)
- Session 2 January 10 - February 7 (5 weeks; $50)
- Session 3 March 28- April 25 (5 weeks; $50)
- COMING Fall 2023: Adult Ballet; Basic Beginner Session
- This session will be for those who have no ballet background and have never taken a ballet class in their life OR if you'd like a refresher on the basics of ballet before enrolling into our regular Adult Ballet Session. These classes will focus on the basics of ballet terms and technique starting from the very beginning, preparing you for the regular adult ballet session. You can take this session as often as you wish.
2022-2023 Adult Tap- Wednesday's 6:15-7:15
- A class for those with a basic understanding of tap or revisiting tap as an Adult. This class will focus on developing all the elements of tap dance. This includes movement, vocabulary, musicality (rhythm, timing & phrasing). The last part of class, students will learn steps to a dance which will build onto each week.
- Session 1 October 5- Nov 16 (7 weeks; $70)
- Session 2 January 11 - March 1 (8 weeks; $80)
- COMING Fall 2023: Adult Tap; Basic Beginner Session
- This session will be for those who have no tap background and have never taken a tap class in their life OR if you'd like a refresher on the basics of tap before enrolling into our regular Adult Tap Session. The class will focus on tap terms and basic tap steps, preparing you for the regular adult tap session.
SPACE IS LIMITED; if session is full, please add your name to the waiting list as this will help to determine future class sizes and options.
RMSA has offered many styles in the past, if we receive enough interest, dance classes may be offered. Please contact 307-527-9973. MINIMUM NUMBER IS REQUIRED FOR CLASS TO BE OFFERED.