When attending a live dance performance there are a few things that are helpful to keep in mind.
Attending Live Performance Etiquette
- Avoid putting on too much cologne or perfume
- Be seated on time; Auditorium doors open 30 minutes before performances. Even though all seats are assigned/reserved please ensure that you arrive at Wynona Thompson Auditorium at least 15 minutes prior to start time.
- Silence phones & other electronics and refrain from using them during performances.
- Remove any hats so that you do not hinder the view of those behind you.
- While Rocky Mountain Dance Theatre welcomes any child who can remain seated in a quiet manner through a two-hour performance, we recommend that children be at least 3-years-old to attend our productions.
Please remind children to not talk once the performance begins and to not touch or kick the seat in front of them.Kindly step outside, into the lobby, if your child is creating a disturbance during the performance. Parents may consider selecting an aisle seat in case a quick exit is necessary. Also, please note that there are no refunds, credits or exchanges if you must leave the performance because your child was unhappy or disruptive.
- Dance performance etiquette is different than orchestra or piano concerts. During dance performances; feel free to clap, hoot, and holler (with class) or even shout out "Brovo" or "Brava" when something moves or impresses you. Dancing is hard work and dancers thrive off of the audience's energy and response!
- It's also ok to laugh out loud if something on stage makes you giggle.
- Do not call out one specific dancer or do cat calls as these are unwanted distractions.
- It is customary to clap when a main character or guest artists enter the stage for the first time.
- Refrain from other noise distractions; chewing gum loudly, unwrapping candies, coughing, etc.
- As with all performances and shows, live video and/or photography is NOT allowed. Use of cell phones and camera's is extremely distracting to those around you and all dance productions by RMSA/RMDT are copyrighted.
- If you have to excuse yourself during the production, please do so when there is a break in the scenes or performance. There will be a 15 minute intermission.
Thank you for considering the safety of our dancers and the enjoyment of others! We look forward to seeing you at the performance!